Saturday 5 March 2011

Wokon Noodle Bar, Leeds

Wokon is another expanding mini-chain offering an alternative to the usual fast food behemoths. I'd put them in a similar category to Rice and Barburrito and after my recent visits to those two were distinctly poor and average respectively I didn't have particularly high expectations for Wokon.

I was pleasantly surprised. The menu sensibly sticks to Asian food, with most of the stir-fries listed being Chinese with a couple from other countries thrown in (Thailand, Indonesia). I ordered a Nasi Goreng with prawns and pork (Indonesian style fried rice).


The portion was generous with plenty of prawns and loads of pork (those little cardboard containers look deceptively small, they really pack it in). The prawns were fresh tasting and the pork was flavoursome if a bit chewy and unnecessarily red. There were plenty of veggies in the mix and the requested spiciness was present and correct. It cost a reasonable £5.49.

I went to the branch on Briggate. There are others on New Station Street and in Headingley. Hopefully more branches to come...


7/10

Wokon Noodle Bar
156 Briggate
Leeds
LS1 6LY

http://www.wokon.co.uk/

Wokon Noodle Bar on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Rachel Hughes said...

Looks yummy, I could eat that right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...