Thursday 15 September 2011

Atlas Deli and Espresso Bar, Nottingham

Nottingham is not a city I know well. One brief visit for a night out years ago and that was about it until recently. For the foreseeable future I'll be visiting for work on a fairly regular basis, so hopefully I should have the chance to see the sights, and more importantly have something to eat.

I didn't get off the to the best start on Tuesday. A Twitter request gave me a couple of interesting suggestions (thanks!) including the Homemade Café, which is where I headed on account of it being two minutes walk from the car park. It's obviously a popular spot, as there was a lengthy queue. I was in a bit of a hurry so had to leave Homemade for another day and head further down the street.


Less than a minute away I found Atlas deli which looked interesting, but turned out disappointing. Prawn, guacamole and a squeeze of lemon on granary bread was much duller than the description. Bland prawns, bland guacamole and little evidence of lemon. Not very generously filled either, it was all front-loaded like you sometimes get with pre-packed sandwiches. Decent quality bread though, and the coffee was very good.

At £4.20 I thought the sandwich was overpriced. The place seems to have received a lot of praise though, so perhaps I just caught them on an off day.

I'll certainly be back to try the Homemade Café, and would love to hear your recommendations for Nottingham. Places to eat, things to see, all suggestions welcome.


5/10

9 Pelham Street
Nottingham
NG1 2EH


http://www.atlasdeli.co.uk/

1 comment:

Harry Dill said...

Delicious food items! I totally appreciated Nottingham is the best for foods. Anyway I enjoyed this delightful content. Thanks for such all suggestions welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...